1. With what locks and deadbolts Keymitt Smart Lock is compatible with?
Keymitt Smart Lock is compatible with European, North American and Japanese door locks, and deadbolts. If you are not sure that the device is compatible with your door lock, feel free to reach out to us at: email@example.com
It works with a variety of lock types thanks to a set of versatile adapters.
2. Do I have to modify my door lock or replace my keys for Keymitt Smart Lock to work?
Keymitt Smart Lock is installed on top of your lock from the inside of your home and does not require any modifications to your door or to your lock.
3. Will I still be able to use my key from the outside when Keymitt Smart Lock is installed?
Yes, for any deadbolts and for most of the euro cylinder locks.
There are a fraction of the euro cylinder locks that do not allow insertion or operation of two keys from both sides at the same time, in this case, we suggest replacing it with a double cylinder door lock.
4. What if my smartphone runs out of battery, how can I enter my home?
We advise you to keep a copy of the physical keys in an accessible place (like your neighbors) for any sort of emergency. Or use another smartphone, install the app, and enter with your credentials.
5. Keymitt Wi-Fi Hub is mandatory?
No. You can operate Keymitt Smart Lock and Keymitt Push with your smartphone in the Bluetooth range. The Wi-Fi Hub is only needed if you wish to control Keymitt devices remotely even if you're away from home.
6. How is the Keymitt Smart Lock powered?
Keymitt Smart Lock is completely autonomous and runs on non-rechargeable CR123A lithium metal batteries. You will receive timely notification both via the device and the App when the batteries will be running low.
7. How secure is Keymitt Smart Lock?
The Keymitt Smart Lock communication is end-to-end encrypted. Our security standards are comparable with those of the online banking sector and military. With Dual 128-bit AES Dynamic Key Encryption, it is digitally unbreakable.
8. Why I'm not receiving the magic link?
If you haven't received the email with the magic link upon installation of the Keymitt app, it might have been moved to the spam folder. You will need to mark as not spam in order to avoid future mailing issues.